The Problem With Chlorine, Chemicals & Pollutants
Chlorine destroys your skin!
Your skin pores open up in the shower causing your chlorine to enter…
- Causes irritation, acne and an imbalance of natural, healthy bacteria on the skin.
- Makes skin dry all year long.
- Skin becomes itchy – especially if you suffer from Eczema.
- Chlorine can cause wrinkles, and dry, blotchy skin that is unattractive and uncomfortable, but unhealthy, as well.
- Chlorine damages the oil and mineral balance of cells, destroying the fluid balance, resulting in dried out, dead cells.
This leads to dry, peeling skin, which makes the surface of the skin appear shiny!
*Some water authorities even use Chloramine (NH2Cl) – a combination of Chlorine & Ammonia
Chloramines are often an unwanted side product of oxidation reactions of organic compounds (with amino groups) with bleach
It’s like taking a shower in Clorox!
- Tougher to manage
- Hair coloring doesn’t last as long
- Makes scalp dry and hair becomes brittle
- Makes hair dull
- Chlorine has the ability to burn the tips of your hair off, resulting in a strand of hair having a blunt end
- Hair loss can be significant and result in an increase in split ended hair strands
- Chlorinated water smells and tastes terrible
- Cooking with it destroys the taste of your food and is very unhealthy
- The water that comes out of your kitchen faucet has more chlorine than swimming pool water
- Chlorine, when ingested in drinking water, can cause eye, nose, and sinus irritation as well as stomach problems
Harvard University Test Results
“Chlorinated drinking water has been linked to small increases in the rates of rectal and bladder cancer in a new analysis by researchers at Harvard University and the Medical College of Wisconsin. The findings, reported today in The American Journal of Public Health, are drawn from a combination of 10 previous studies. Using statistical methods, the researchers found that the slightly higher rates of the two cancers seemed to correlate with the amount of byproducts produced by chlorinated water.” “…the authors calculated that it accounted for 6,500 cases of rectal cancer and 4,200 cases of bladder cancer in the US each year.” Reported about clean water laws being neglected: “tests show that most tap water contains arsenic , barium, lead, manganese and other chemicals at concentrations federal regulators say could contribute to cancer and damage the kidneys and nervous system.”
Chlorine is a POISON…
- Your body absorbs 2/3 of the water it needs from showering and bathing
- Chlorine is added to most tap water
- It’s a fact: Bathing, showering and drinking chlorinated water increases risk of cancer
- These chlorine byproducts trigger the production of free radicals in the body, causing cell damage, and may be highly carcinogenic
- Chlorine inhalation is a leading cause of asthma