Do You Need A New Faucet To Your Sink?
What Corpus Christi Homes Need To Know When They Need To Replace Their Faucets?
You have decided that you need a new kitchen faucet. Faucets work to regulate the flow of cold and hot water into your sink. In the kitchen there are many available features of faucets that you can use, such as pull-out or pull-down sprays, bar faucets, water filtering systems and a variety of styles and finishes.
And if a faucet is simply broken or defective, it’s time to replace it. Continue reading to learn what to do when it comes time to replace your bathroom and kitchen faucets.
If you’ve been reading our blog over the past few months, you probably know your options for countertops and some great picks for kitchen islands, sinks, and backsplashes. In this post, let’s talk faucets.
Whether you are replacing an old faucet or selecting a new one for your remodeling plan, there are different factors to consider. Because faucets are one of the most frequently used fixtures at home, they should be selected to complement your kitchen sink.
So what constitutes to a good faucet? Before the water starts to flow, take a look at this guide on getting a high quality faucet:
- When replacing an existing faucet, make sure the new one has the same number of holes in the deck of the sink. For faucets with integrated handle and spout, one hole is needed for the handle/spout and another separate hole for a sprayer. Traditional faucets usually have three holes for the taps and spout and a fourth for a sprayer. For a new sink, you can put any holes you need to fit in the faucet of your choice.
- Most faucets have either one handle that you can turn directionally to adjust water temperature or two handles to mix in hot and cold. Other one-piece faucets have a handle attached to the faucet unit or are placed to the side in the same position of the sprayer. A variety of faucet handles to choose from include the classic rounded X-shaped tap and an easy-access lever shape.
- Consider a sink sprayer to wash down any collected food waste from the sink. Some newer models have sprayers integrated right into the faucet itself. You can also add a soap dispenser which is mounted alongside or near the spray.
- A standard kitchen spout rises only a bit higher than the body of the faucet. If you use bulky pots and pans, you should get a tall, curved neck faucet to easily rinse big pots thoroughly.
- You may opt for a water filtration faucet mounted directly to your sink and have it attached to the faucet itself with a built-in filtering mechanism. Think about the maintenance requirements as well.
- Some faucets can be mounted from the top while others are from the bottom. There are different types of faucet mechanism – ball valve, ceramic disk, compression valve and cartridge. Choose whichever appeals to you as it won’t necessarily make a big impact in functionality. Take note that some are easier to repair than others.
When carefully selected, a good faucet can offer exceptional day-to-day convenience in the kitchen. Look for quality features, style and finishes that matches your overall design.
The most important factor that you should always remember is that you should buy a good quality made faucet.
Here in Royal Plumbing, not only in repairing a plumbing issue we can do, but we also offer faucet, shower and tub products that are made in good quality for your home. Everyday we offer discounts to our products plus we have a professional plumbers that can do the replacing and installation of your faucet. We also accept emergency plumbing issues whatever if it is small or big, you can give us a call at (361) 991-1002 to inquire about our products and services.
For More Related Articles: http://royalplbg.com/products/kitchen-faucets/